The Domaine Roumier estate was founded in 1924 by Georges Roumier. It was then taken over at the beginning of the 1980s by Christophe Roumier who joined his father, Jean Marie Roumier. Covering nearly 12 hectares, the Georges Roumier estate is composed of limestone and clay-limestone soils. No chemicals are used once the vines have blossomed, but it is not certified as organic, as Christophe Roumier does not necessarily want to be certified as such. Located in the village of Chambolle Musigny, the Georges Roumier estate’s most famous neighbours are Domaine Comte de Vogue and Domaine Mugnier.